Drinking Water Relevant Materials
Drinking water quality is one of, if not the most important factors for the protection of human health-worldwide (WHO). Drinking water supplied by the water works or one’s own well comes into contact with a number of materials on its way to the tap. These materials and substances can release compounds into the drinking water and lead to
- a change of odor and flavor of drinking water
- Health related relevance
- An increase of microorganisms in drinking water
Most of the components in preparation and distribution of drinking water are installed fix and have a long-life time. Therefore, it is more than important that high levels of safety are confirmed before being installed in order to keep our most important good clean and to protect human health.
Guidelines and standards in various countries and markets target an increased control of drinking water. The growing jungle of requirements and its assessment is getting more and more complex, either defined via regulatory requirements or codes of practice.
We guide you with your definition of required parameters for your product, application and target market. We service your project from formulation review to certification and stay your competent contact in manifold questions
- Test procedure for metallic materials, plastics, lubricants, elastomers and other drinking water materials
- Testing on a test plaque, brass component, finished good or complete product
- Choice of correct testing temperatures, importance of manufacturing locations or support in audit related questions
- Assessment on certifiability of products
Example: Can this product be certified via administration in the French market or will migration testing be needed
- Choice of an already certified material for your complete product, is the certified material listing restricted for my particular application (surface areas)
- Check of your provided certification documents for validity, correctness and applicability